Thank you for your interest in donating to our church! Your donations are critical to letting us maintain and improve our services and facilities.
There are two main ways that you can donate to the church:
1. Contact us at email@example.com and let us know what amount you’re willing to pledge for the calendar year. You can then fill this pledge in any of the following ways:
- Completing a paper form to automatically pay by credit card, debit card or electronic funds transfer from your checking account. The Assistant Treasurer, Jackie McBride, can get you this form.
- Completing the electronic form at this link
- Paying by check at the church or by mail on a one-time or ongoing basis
- Paying by cash at the church. Please ask the Assistant Treasurer for envelopes you can label with your name to deposit in the Sunday collection.
2. Transfer securities to the church. In many cases, donating securities as a gift to the church may provide tax benefits. Please contact the Treasurer, Bill Seymour, for details and a sample letter. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org
The church will track your contributions and will provide documentation for tax purposes. All donations are fully tax deductible.
Thank you for your support—every donation makes a difference to our Church!
Our Endowment Fund
In addition to our regular pledge funds, the Eliot Church Endowment Fund exists as an entity separate from the Church and managed by a committee elected at the Church’s annual meeting. The purpose of the Endowment Fund is to assure the long-term success of the Church.
Surpluses in the Church operating budget may be directed to the Fund. More commonly, income/appreciation from the Fund is distributed to the church to be used as part of the operating budget. The principal of the Fund, however, will always be preserved and used only for emergencies or special purposes that will contribute to the growth and sustenance of the church (for example, real estate purchases).
Members and friends of the Church are strongly encouraged to consider a planned gift such as providing for the Fund in your will or naming the Fund as a life insurance beneficiary. The continued existence of the Eliot Church can be part of your legacy.
The Fund also accepts donations both of money and securities.
Please contact Bill Seymour, Treasurer, for more information.